Innovative Breast Augmentation Surgery
If you are looking for state-of-the-art breast augmentation in Central Florida, The Breast Center at Bougainvillea Clinique is your destination. Our board-certified plastic surgeon, our surgeon, uses the most advanced technology including the Vectra 3D Computer Imaging System available to provide you with the most precise, predictable, and beautiful breast augmentation results possible.
Our surgeon has performed over 4,000 breast augmentation procedures using:
- Saline and silicone breast implants
- All four available incision locations
- Both over- and under-the-muscle placement methods
- Scarless augmentation with fat transfer
As a member of the prestigious Novo Consulting Group – which provides input to Allergan about their Natrelle breast implants – our surgeon has access to the most recent and up-to-date information about breast augmentation. However, as part of our surgeon’s commitment to natural methods and superior aesthetics, he also provides advanced fat grafting techniques for total scarless breast augmentation, without any need for breast implants. Fat grafting is the most natural and least invasive approach possible in breast augmentation today.
Some patients may choose to combine breast implants with fat grafting, a method called composite breast augmentation. Fat grafting can also be used to correct implant complications from a previous surgery, such as rippling and capsular contracture.
GalleryBreast Augmentation Before & After
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
At The Bougainvillea Clinique, you have a wide range of breast augmentation options and variables to choose from, including:
- Breast implant type
- Breast implant size
- Incision location
- Breast implant placement method
Each of these options has its own benefits and drawbacks depending on your unique situation. During your consultation, our surgeon will help you understand all of your options in detail so you can make an informed, confident decision about breast augmentation. All of us at The Bougainvillea Clinique are dedicated to helping you achieve your cosmetic goals.
Concerns about breast implants
and cancer, and other complications
In the last few years, a very rare and specific type of cancer known as BIA-ALCL or Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma, has surfaced as a possible complication associated with breast implants. It should be stressed that BIA-ALCL is extremely rare and is only associated with textured implants. Our surgeon does not perform any textured breast implant procedures and has never recommended anything but smooth breast implants. He has occasionally performed augmentation with textured implants in the past when these have been specifically requested by the patient. Early on in his career, our surgeon noted that textured implants seemed to be associated with a much higher incidence of seroma formation he observed was due to the use of shaped implants required for breast cancer reconstruction. It is likely that the seroma formation he observed was due to the irritation to the surrounding scar tissue by the roughness of the texturing. It also appears that this seroma formation and ultimately in rare cases, BIA-ALCL, may be related.
At the Bougainvillea Clinique, we take patient safety very seriously, and pride ourselves in a very low complication rate and a high level of satisfaction in our breast augmentation patients. For this reason, all of our implant procedures are performed using only smooth saline or silicone gel implants. All procedures are performed using meticulous surgical techniques, with barely any bleeding or blood loss, and using the ‘no-touch’ technique with a Keller Funnel. Our preference is for under the muscle augmentation whenever possible, though there may be advantages and disadvantages of this approach which are patient specific and should be discussed in the consultation. This attention to detail and minimizing complications has resulted in an extremely low incidence of complications such as infection, bleeding after surgery, or capsular contracture. Our surgeon has also pioneered the use of fat for breast augmentation, either alone, in combination with breast implants, or to treat breast implant complications.
Breast implant explantation
Women with breast implants may sometimes choose to have their implants removed. The reasons vary:
- Some women find that their own breasts get larger as they age, after childbirth and sometimes with weight gain, and these women may now feel that their breasts are too large and wish to have them removed, exchanged fr smaller implants, or even enlarged with fat transfer after implant removal. These women may also choose to have a breast lift or mastopexy performed.
- A percentage of women may develop capsular contracture after breast augmentation and choose to have them removed or downsized , or again partially enlarged after removal with fat grafting.
- Some women may have experienced medical symptoms, termed BII or Breast Implant Illness. Unfortunately very frequently it is not possible to definitively establish a relationship between these medical symptoms and breast implants, nevertheless some women still choose to have their implants removed. Again there may be an option to replace some of the size loss with fat transfer, and women may also choose to have a breast lift or mastopexy if the breasts are very deflated after implant removal.
- Women who have had textured breast implants may be concerned about the very small risk of Breast Implant Associated Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) and may choose to have their implants removed or exchanged.
Options for removal include simple removal which can often be performed under local anaesthesia, removal with capsulectomy (removal of the capsule), or a technique termed ‘en-bloc removal’ which involves extensive removal of the capsule with the implant. The capsulectomy techniques do require general anaesthesia, and of course do involve some additional surgical risks.
At the Bougainvillea Clinique we offer our patients all of the options discussed, and feel it is very important to discuss the advantages, disadvantages, risks and potential benefits of the various options with our patients.
For many women who choose breast implant explantation for any reason, a big concern is the appearance of the breasts after removal, and of course we are happy to discuss other options such asbreast lift (mastopexy) or fat grafting to help improve breast appearance, if appropriate.
If you would like to learn more about your breast augmentation options, please explore our website or Contact The Bougainvillea Clinique today at 407-678-3116 to schedule your consultation. We serve patients in Winter Park, Orlando, and Melbourne, as well as from across the country.
Book a Consultation Today
Take the first step towards your dream look by booking a consultation with us today. During your personalized consultation, our expert team will listen to your unique needs, provide tailored recommendations, and answer all your questions, ensuring you feel informed and empowered to make the best decision for yourself. Don’t wait – unlock your aesthetic potential and embark on your beauty transformation journey with us!